Department of Defense (DoD) Information Assurance Scholarship Program
(IASP) for 2018-19 Academic Year
The DoD-IASP program provides scholarships for undergraduate and
graduate students for study in computer and network security fields.
Each scholarship award provides the following:
Applications for the 2018-19 academic year are now being solicited -
the deadline is February 7, 2018.
- Tuition and applicable fees
- Required textbooks and lab supplies
- Annual stipend for room and board
We are soliciting applications from SMU students who meet the
- Is a U.S. citizen
- Will be a full-time junior, senior, or graduate student in the
2018-19 academic year
- Is currently studying or planning to study security-related areas
in their major
- Has an undergraduate GPA of at least 3.2/4.0, or graduate GPA of
at least 3.5/4.0
The application form (link below) is a fillable PDF form, so you may
complete most of it electronically. However, you will need to print
and sign the final hard copy form for submission. Also, you will need
to submit the following documents in addition to your application
The application form includes specific instructions for each of these
items, as well as the general application form items.
- Official transcript(s)
- List of awards, honors, and distinctions
- Two (2) letters of reference
For each applicant, hard copies of all application
materials must be submitted by 4 pm, Wednesday, February 7, 2018
to Dr. Manikas (477 Caruth Hall) or to Beth Minton (445 Caruth Hall).
Please contact Dr. Manikas
if you have any questions.
Thank you for your interest in the DoD IASP.
2018 Jan 16