MST identifies a spanning tree of minimal total edge length for a connected of undirected arcs/links/edges.
Model input requirements:
- Model title: the title of the model is entered into the indicated form field
- Link descriptions. For each undirected link in the network, indicate on a separate line, separated by blanks, the following:
- Name of its from-node, 1 to 8 characters
- Name of its to-node, 1 to 8 characters, and
- Length/distance/cost, as integer or floating-point number
Note: the nodes for a link can be listed in either order.
Consider the following network of cities and connecting air travel miles.
The input data for identifying the minimal spanning tree of the nodes is:
HNL LAX 2555
SFO ORD 1843
SFO LAX 337
LAX ORD 1743
LAX DFW 1233
DFW ORD 802
DFW LGA 1387
DFW MIA 1120
ORD PVD 849
LGA PVD 142
LGA MIA 1099
MIA PVD 1205
Back to MST input form