(This tool is under development. There may be some errors in the objective rows’ calculations.)
Mr. Pivot is an application for learning the simplex method. It operates as follows:
- The user inputs a linear programming problem in BLP format.
- An initial tableau is displayed
- The user selects a pivot element in the tableau by clicking its cell
- When the Pivot button is pressed, the pivot is executed and an updated tableau displayed.
- Steps 3 and 4 can be repeated as desired
The following action buttons are available:
- Pivot - execute a pivot using the selected pivot element
- Undo - undo the last pivot
- Names ON/OFF - displays/hides rows and column names or labels
- Cross-Hairs ON/OFF - displays/hides highlighting of the row and column of the selected pivot element
To start over on a given problem, press the browser’s refresh button.
Model Input Form