Welcome to Dick Barr’s POMlib home page, with models developed for the EMIS 5/7362 Production Systems Engineering class at Southern Methodist University’s Lyle School of Engineering in the Department of Engineering Management, Information, and Systems.
Tools for solving the following production and operations engineering model types are provided:
- MLR: multiple linear regression forecasting models
- SMOOTHIE: time-series forecasting models, including moving averages, exponential smoothing (single and double), trend, arithmetic mean, and decomposition
- DTree: decision tree model analyzer
- BLP: linear programming optimization models
- OPTNET: minimum-cost network flow optimization models
- JSeq, job-sequencing models for single-stage and multi-stage processes
- CRAFT: facilities layout using the Computerized Relative Allocation of Facilities Technique
- LineMan: assembly-line balancing
- QCalc: waiting-line/queueing models
- CPM: critical-path method for project management networks
- ISIM: inventory simulation with uncertain demand and lead times
- SQC: statistical quality control charts for variable and attribute data, including Six Sigma calculations
Each tool has an online help page with sample data and link indicated by:
Detailed instructions and a user’s guide for interpreting the results are given in the class notes. Other online tools are available at ORtoolkit.com.